Request for Proposals
Lease and Operation of Snack bar located at the Warner’s Drive-In property
Issued By: Warner Drive-In Cultural & Resource Center
PO Box 974, Franklin, WV 26807
Proposals Due: Must be postmarked by Thursday, March 1. Please mail to the P.O. Box above.
The Warner’s Drive-In Cultural and Resource Center requests proposals from parties interested in entering into a seasonal lease to operate the Snack Bar located at 3169 Petersburg Pike, Franklin, WV.
The Warner’s Drive-In Cultural and Resource Center operates the drive-in movie theater located in Franklin, WV. WDI is a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization registered in the state of West Virginia. WDI is currently governed by a Board of Directors. Our mission is to preserve the Warner Drive-In Theater as a community entertainment and learning center utilizing visual and performing arts.
Snack Bar Facility
The snack bar is a fully operating facility capable of serving several hundred consumers each night of operation. The facility is equipped with a kitchen prep area, cooking area, a common area where consumers order and pay for their goods and two bathroom areas, one for males and one for females. A list of equipment, furniture and fixtures included with the leased facility is available upon request.
1. Operating Parameters: Limits and Conditions, Utilities and Services. WDI provides basic utilities to include- electricity, water, sewage and trash collection. Propane usage: the grill, fryer and hot water tank are propane dependent. The propane tank was topped off at the end of the 2017 season. Lessee will notify WDI when the propane level reaches 35%. The Lessee will absorb t he cost to fill the tank up each time it ‘s needed to include topping the tank off at the end of the 2018 season. The
amount will be due to WDI within 10 days of fill up. The Lessee will be responsible for all routine maintenance and cleaning of the leased space and equipment. Lessee will be responsible for any repairs or replacement of Lessor’s equipment if damaged beyond normal wear or destroyed. Lessee will be resonsible for getting trash to the dumpster.
2. Hours of Operation: The hours 0 operation shall be a minimum of Friday and Saturday evenings from 6 p.m. to the end of the movie. The Lessee will be responsible for ensuring coverage during these times. On occasion, there may be an event opportunity available that will take place outside the normal Hours of Operation. This will be negotiated between the Lessee and WDI ahead of time, no later than two weeks prior to the event. The season is expected to run beginning May 4, 2018 and closing with the final movie on Aug. 25, 2018.
3. Sole Operation: To help ensure the success of the Lessee’s operations, WDI will not permit another food service operation to locate and operate within the property. Should Lessee choose not to open during special events, the Lessor or other event coordinator may bring in another vendor for those
4. Sublease Restrictions: WDI will not permit the Lessee to sublease the snack bar facility.
5. Operations and Maintenance. It is the responsibility of the Lessee to make any improvements at its sole cost and expense, subject to the prior approval of WDI, and to operate and maintain the facilities in compliance with all relevant federal, state and local codes, rules and regulations.
6. Requirements: Lessee must provide their own $1 million dollar business liability policy. Lessee must have a valid West Virginia business license and provide copies of both to Lessor. Lessee must obtain a health department permit for the snack bar. Lessee will need to obtain their own renter’s insurance to cover for any loss sustained to their own equipment. Lessee will be responsible for ensuring all workers in the snack bar have a valid West Virginia Food Handlers permit.
7. Security Deposit: The Lessee will be required to deposit a refundable security deposit, in the amount of $500 to be paid at the time the lease is entered into.
8. Rental fee: $500 will be due at the beginning of each operating month, starting the first of each month.
The response to WDI should include the following information:
– Include a sample menu complete with prices
– Description of the concept planned for the snack bar operations
– Include a general business plan for the snack bar operations and describe any plans for advertising or promoting operation to the public
– Name, address, telephone number and email address of the respondent
– Complete resume of respondent
– Names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three references with direct knowledge of the experience of the respondent
Criteria for evaluation of responses to the Request for Proposals will include:
– Quality and Concept of a Business Plan
– Experience of Owner and Operator
The WDI board of directors will select the business whose proposal is determined to be in the best interests, based upon consideration of all relevant considerations and information. Strong consideration will be given to the overall desirability of the proposal, and the selection will
not necessarily be based upon the financial strength of proposals.
WDI reserves the right to reject any and all proposals and make no award. WDI may request additional information from proposers to clarify proposals or assist in selecting the successful proposer.
Financial terms will be negotiated with the prospective Lessee identified through this RFP process.
Response Submission & Timetable
Hard copies of the RFP response must be submitted; electronic copies will not be accepted. Submittals must be postmarked no later than Thursday, March 1, 2018, and received at our P.O. Box address. Regardless of the cause, WDI will not accept late proposals.
Anyone or more prospective tenants may be asked to interview with the WDI Board of Directors at a time to be determined.